There are three basic ways the Dansie Shopping Cart can handle credit card transactions:
- You may utilize the services of a real-time credit card processor and secure server. Not only are your customers credit card numbers safely encrypted, but funds are transferred immediately from your customers bank account to yours! The Dansie Shopping Cart currently works with over 20 popular real-time credit card processors.
- The Dansie Shopping Cart can collect your customers credit card numbers for you if you have a security certificate and a merchant account but don't want to use real-time credit card processing. The Dansie Shopping Cart comes with an extra script called "ssl.pl". It's a separate script in the case that your secure host is remote. See below for details.
- If you have a site security certificate that allows you to access the documents on your site via "https", then the ssl.pl script can accept the credit card numbers in a secure manner. Your web host can help you in obtaining a security certificate for your website.
- If your host has PGP or GPG installed, the ssl.pl script can encrypt the credit card numbers before they are either emailed to you or appended to a datafile on your host. Works on Unix and Windows hosts. See the Secure Server Variables in the ReadMe for details.
- Not accept credit cards at all. You can turn that payment option off.